Saturday, September 3, 2016

Littles: Viking Nursery

Viking Nursery Draft




For some reason, Vikings are hot on my mind these days. I really like the Nordic inspiration here, from the painted detailing on the rocking horse to the rough wood in the dresser and the rocking chair. I have no idea who designed this wall-mounted bookcase, but it is just gorgeous. This would really command attention, and I love the way that it would grow with a child instead of being a cutesy little bookcase or a series of Ikea spice racks used as shelves. If you're going to invest in a fantastic children's literature collection, you want it to feel approachable to little hands but displayed as if it has some intrinsic value. 

To me, this feels like the most mature Nursery set yet. I'm very attracted to rooms that can grow easily with a child and don't need repainting and repurchasing every other year and this one certainly seems to fit the bill. Plus, those little Viking ships are just the most fun twist on a traditional sailboat ever and would be such a fun mobile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment