Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Littles: Star Stuff Nursery

Star Stuff Nursery




I love, love, love the sentiment behind this nursery. The entire concept of being made of Star Stuff has always been so romantic and soothing to me and I like the way a space themed nursery encourages a little one to dream big.


This set is based in black and yellow with some metallic gold and copper touches. It's gender neutral and embraces the space theme without using the planets because I wanted something a bit more minimal and basic in terms of a color scheme. Once I came across the copper moon wall clock, I knew that using metallics as the accent colors would really glam this one up a bit!

The entire idea of doing a set for a space nursery actually came from the rocket ship lamp. I loved how non-tacky it was. Normally you see very plastic-y garish space ship and rocket accessories and this actually seemed neutral and classy. It made me revisit the idea of doing a space nursery entirely. 

I used the Jenny Lind spindle crib here because I thought the swoops and swirls were a bit stellar, and the hanging pendant light with all of its glass fractures and chunks felt almost like an alien crystal. By now you've probably realized that I have a midcentury modern furniture sickness, so I stuck with my preferred dresser and found yet another neutral glider with the right silhouette. 

In terms of constellations, I thought Ursa Major made a good choice and I could definitely whip up a constellation bear stuffed animal at home with ease. That's also a great way to work in a favorite constellation of your own, or one that matches the baby's Zodiac sign. 

What do we think, friends? Does the outer space theme work for you or do you prefer to see more colorful nurseries for littles? If you love yourself some primary colors- get ready for the upcoming Vintage Carnival set!

No comments:

Post a Comment