Friday, November 3, 2017

Fashion Crush Friday: Queen Letizia of Spain


When I see Spain's Queen Letizia, I generally think to myself hot damn is that allowed? Then I remember that when you're the Queen, you write the rulebook.

Letizia is the wife of King Felipe, and mother of the future ruler, Princess Leonor. She's considered to be one of the sexiest of the European Royals, and as much as it hurts me to say this, she really gives K-Midd a run for her money. She just looks fresher than the Duchess of Cambridge or the Scandinavian royals. Let's take a peek at some of her style hallmarks and admire her Continental flair.

Second skin black: It took me awhile to notice, but the Queen's pants are almost always a sleek, elongating black. Whether cropped at the ankle or billowing out there is something inherently sexy about their flow. They can be either corporate publicist or seriously edgy tuxedo-wear.

 

Modern tweed: I scored a thick, white cropped tweed jacket with metallic flecks at Goodwill about a year ago that makes me feel very woman hear me roar,  so I've got a soft spot for modern takes on tweed. These are a great mix of warm and cool colors and never feel matronly.


 

Unexpected  details: You really need to have a laser eye for fashion to recognize the little flourishes that make a piece sing. Here its an ombre underskirt, a peplum-esque bell sleeve, an unusually long sleeveless jacket, and twining embroidery. They bring a fashionista's accent to otherwise standard LBDs and monochrome jackets. 

 



And for a finishing touch, she's in black stilettos with a silky blow out. This is one of those cases where high quality materials and the proper fit really stand out. Each piece shows off her long, lean frame, and you can see the craftsmanship in the sleek silks and detailed construction.

Who's your favorite royal dresser, gang? 

No comments:

Post a Comment