Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Fashion: Crowning Glory


For no clear reason, I am really into headbands right now! I feel like they haven't been quite in since they were the hallmark of Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf many moons ago. I have a long face, so I'm a big fan of elevating my roots and adding some interest at the hairline. Re-embracing the headband feels like a way to play to my strengths and help hide the fact that my hair is a disaster zone these days.


Princess Sofia can actually wear tiaras when she wants to, and this pearl band is stunning.

If you really want to be a southern belle, you cannot beat a Lilly Pulitizer headband that matches your pants. 

No one does it like Blair. She was the first time I learned that you could wear a headband nestled into your hair like a pair of sunglasses.


And of course, if the future queen consort of England is having fun with headbands, I'm on board. 


Wondering what's on my wish list right now? I'm torn between being practical and getting some basic black satin one inches, and doing something much more elaborate and distinct like one of these below. The trick here is that with such a memorable accessory, I'm worried that I couldn't just wear it over and over again on random week days to work. And now that I'm a Mom... I'm not exactly hitting the town left and right to show off my new accessories.

 


These flat rose circlet dropped down to $1.45 with free shipping today and I couldn't resist. It should arrive from China in about a month, and we will see what happens!


How do you handle really memorable accessories like a distinctive headband? Do you go all in on the rotation, or keep them hidden away so that you don't seem to over do it?


2 comments: