Saturday, July 8, 2017

Littles: Neutral Shoes for a Mini Gent

Shoes for a Little Gentleman


TOMS oxford shoes
nordstrom.com





TOMS Chukka Boot
nordstrom.com




ROBEEZ Elijah Crib Shoe
nordstrom.com


FRESHLY PICKED Classic Moccasin
nordstrom.com





Little Bean Boots, cozy moccasins and sturdy boots are so much fun to picture with different outfits. To me, one of the big areas where outfits fall apart is in the shoes. So often, kids are in a sweet, practical outfit that's ruined by a chunky pair of sneakers. I understand that kids need to run, jump and play, and I'm totally behind that, but God aren't their cuter shoes to help that happen?

We won't be needing shoes until we've got a little walker on our hands, so I know there's plenty of time. Plus, shoes have weak handmedown value when you think that kids should really have fresh shoes that aren't pre-worn in any particular way. And with the way growing seasons work, what's to say anyone else would even be the right size for those snow boots? 

I've been reading about moms keeping their kids' wardrobes to a minimum and it seems like shoes are a frequent offender. Before you know it, you've got a toddler with 14 pairs of shoes. If you can instead buy the right shoes for the job, and make them neutral enough that they can work for a few different seasons and outfit schemes, then it seems like you can find room in the budget to buy a better quality shoe. And there's fewer 4 inch shoes to trip over in the entryway!

I hear great things about Robeez for new walkers, and that it's really important for learning walkers to have properly supportive, fitting shoes instead of multiple cheap pairs. I'm definitely a bargain shopper all the way, but I think shoes might be an area where I keep an eye on the sale alerts for the nicer brands and scoop them up when I can.

What do you think? Are shoes worth some extra funds or are they outgrown too quickly for it to matter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment