Friday, April 7, 2017

Fashion Crush Friday: Maternity Kate Middleton


The Duchess of Cambridge is a fashion icon for a reason. I'm a big believer that she never puts a foot wrong as a general rule, and she was especially great at maternity dressing with Prince George and Princess Charlotte. I know the modern fashion these days is for a bump-hugging, figure-flaunting wardrobe, but it feels a little weird to me.

I'm certainly not ashamed of the fantastic little soul growing inside of me, but I also don't love flaunting my figure as a general rule and it seems weird to do it now just because I've got a little passenger. It's hard to find maternity styles that aren't either skin tight, or weird floral empire waists that make you look like you're wear a sack. Enter the Duchess. 

She favored knee length coat dresses that skimmed the body, and her dresses were often shifts. No booty clinging fabric that looks like spandex stretched over the thighs for her. By skimming the bump and focusing on a shorter hemline with nude heels, she kept herself looking long and lean. 




Here are some other styles that resist the "bump cling" trend:



Do you prefer a looser silhouette that skims the bump, and uses bright cheerful colors, or do you think it's best to show off that bump while you've got it? 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment