Friday, July 14, 2017

Fashion Crush Friday: Preggo Natalie Portman


I am loving me some Natalie Portman right now. She just comes across as so classy, reserved and intelligent, especially when she's got a little one on the way.
She looks awesome here in crisp white with interesting shoulder details:

These rich colors are definitely my favorite looks. She's so regal in this goldenrod, and the blue velvet is a perfect way to make a simple dress a bit more special. 

I've been lucky enough to receive about 80% of my maternity wardrobe as handmedowns between family and coworkers, and I am so grateful at not needing to shell out for a new temporary wardrobe. However, almost everything has been black or navy and I'm getting a little sad that apparently pregnant women aren't meant to be seen in bright colors. I don't need to be wearing slimming neutrals- I know I've got a baby gut and I happen to like him!


I like the loose cuts with the florals, and the way that these both stop a few inches above the knee to add some height:


As someone who is a little bump conscious these days, I like to see other women going with a looser style. On the left, that's such a great flowing hemline and then on the right she draws the eyes upwards with a smooth scoop neck.


And as a reminder, Natalie Portman is wearing this pantsuit shebang even better than the catwalk model. Girl has got game. 



1 comment:

  1. i love her. She's such a class act all the time. Always looks put together. excellent pregnancy inspiration!

    ReplyDelete